Wednesday, January 3, 2007

This is my one life - my only chance, so to speak. Here there are no second chances. I am unable to turn back time and relive any events. I must take full advantage of every breath and live to my fullest potential. It's now January 3, 2007. Life seems to fly. I am 23 years old and as I reflect on the decisions I have made it's clear that I can be more like Christ. Every moment Christ lived He was focused on the BIG PICTURE. He was able to forget Himself and live a life of complete devotion to God. I desire in my heart to be as devoted to my Maker.

God's Grace is more precious and valuable than anything I could ever ask for. I realize the inability for man to save himself and how salvation comes only from the priceless blood of Jesus. Without His love I would be hopeless. He choose to love me in spite of all the horrible decisions I have made. Regardless of my insufficiencies Jesus lived and died because He realized that His sacrifice was the only way to atone for my sin. Thank You - Savior.

This year I plan to be more devoted to the cause for Christ than I have ever been before in my life. I yearn to become an intimate friend with Jesus. I want to have a faith that is unshakeable in any and every circumstance. I desire to have a contagious commitment to the Lord of Glory. I long to know Jesus better than I ever have.

Proverbs 16:3 reads: "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed". The aim of my soul is to love God. I commit this to You - My Father, My Savior, My Friend. Thank You for loving me.

No comments: