Sunday, December 10, 2006

Barriers

Barriers are commonplace in my life. They disrupt my unity with Christ. I become fixated on anything other than God and the results are disturbing. Perhaps the distraction doesn't cause me to outright stumble or sin, but I suppose anything causing me to loose sight of God is not holy. How does one break through the barriers? Perhaps recognizing the particular barriers is key. For instance I know that I have severe issues with patience, especially the lack thereof. Self-control also is a discipline that I have lacked for quite some time. I desire to loose my self of any envy by replacing it with contentment and praise. Lastly, I suppose I possess a certain unhealthy amount of selfishness which completely destroys any love I could have for God's people. There are four key recognitions: patience, self-control, envy, and selfishness. But recognizing these alone will do nothing to grow me. I must develop a strategy for overcoming these stepping-stones. First and foremost I must humble myself of any pride and realize that without placing God in the pilot's seat of reformation no permanent change will occur. God, please lead me in this personal revolution against my flesh. Grant me the humility to rely on You for strength. I desire to destroy the barriers that separate me from You.

No comments: