Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prayers


Father, I am incredibly thankful. Who am I that I should receive Your miraculous love? Who am I that I should receive Your blessings? I have so much that comes directly from Your loving hand: devoted wife, supportive parents and siblings, encouraging friends, dedicated church family, physical health, and the prayers of your saints. Why should I receive these blessings from You? I have no answer Lord. Only out of the abundance of Your mercy, kindness, compassion, and love. You are so loving, Father. You show us how to live with perfect love because You are perfect love. I am blessed with countless intangibles. Your love is good. Your love is beyond compare. You are God. Thank You for watching over my family. Thank You for meeting our needs. Thank You for peace, joy, and prosperity. Thank You for being patient with my stubborn soul. Thank You for this nation and its leaders. Thank You for medicine and healthcare. Thank You for food, clothing, shelter, and all the extras. Thank You for blessing me with laughter and fun. I have much for which to be thankful.


Lord, I pray for the people in my life who are experiencing turbulent circumstances. I ask that Your Holy Spirit would drench my friend who is struggling with a spiritual crisis. She is regularly bombarded with numerous philosophies of life and I can tell that she wants Truth. I am asking for You to guard her heart against Satan's arrows. Protect her from the influence of her society and worldly friends. Replace her fleshly thoughts with Holy Truth and make her see the Light.


Jesus, please tend to the needs of my friends who are undergoing a family health emergency. Use this time to solidify their family and their faith. Draw them together as one as they have united in Your Name. Guide the thoughts and actions of the medical team as they address the physical needs of their loved one. Give them Your peace and joy - regardless of what may come of this trial . Love them in a way that they can sense Your Spirit.


And Father, please continue to develop me as Your son and servant. I have far to travel in this process, for sure. Let me refuse complacency. God please instruct me on the right ways to honor You and glorify You to this world. I pray that Your message of selfless love would permeate my being and pour out of my life onto all that I encounter - through word and deed. I pray that I would "set myself on fire and burn for the world to see" as Wesley prayed. May Your fame be the concern of my life. Teach me to use the influence and resources I have from You to meet the needs of others in a God-exalting fashion. You are worth my life's devotion. Help me to live in You.

No comments: