Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring Break Mission Trip




Ty Pennington probably has my newest favorite dream job. He's the host of Extreme Home Makeover and makes a living changing lives by building homes. Who wouldn't want to do that? I know I would! On our mission trip during spring break we did a mini version of just that. I loved it!




In a town called Dona, TX a family lost their home 2 months ago in a fire. For now the whole family (father, mother, and 6 daughters!) lives in a travel trailor on their property! The trailor is about 20 feet long! That's were we stepped in. In four days we completely framed their new home and boxed in their roof. They should be moving into their new home in about a week. It was amazingly gratifying to spend my time with my church helping folks who really need it. The experience really opened up my eyes.




Our church also led multiple VBS's, soccer clinics, quilting workshops for women, and 2 block parties. It was incredible to see our people unite under the His name and work for His people. When all was said and done it was reported that over 50 people joined the Family! Incredible! I am so thankful to be used by Him and for Him!

No comments: