Saturday, December 9, 2006

Finals are over. Another semester come and gone. In reflection I am not sure how excited I am that it is over. I set a few mental goals for myself as the semester began and now I can see that I didn't do too well. I actually didn't do well at all. I severely lack discipline. How is discipline gained? I desire to develop discipline desperately. Christ possessed, developed, and maintained discipline throughout his life. Gandhi demonstrated discipline. Martin Luther King, Jr. lived a disciplined life. How did they do it? Their lives echo greatness and passion. Perseverence is key. Focus is a must. Optimism is perhaps too underestimated. In order for me to become the man I want to become I must learn discipline. I believe that God can work in my life in a way that can glorify Him and impact others for His kingdom, but I must surrender daily to His ways. To do that I must be disciplined in every aspect of my character. It is not easy, for sure. I am convinced that mediocrity is not for and will never bring contentment or peace to my life. I may not know for sure exactly which path in life to take, but whichever one is for me I plan to travel it with all of my heart. Jesus was not mediocre. He did not do things only half-way. Instead He defied the concept of normality and broke free from the confinement of typical. He lived His life with passion and zeal from one breath to the next. He wasted no words or any action. He made the most of every moment. He is my leader and my example. He knows the best way to live, the only way to live. He did more than survive, more than get bye. Jesus glorified the Father with His life. This is my goal and ambition. Jesus, become real to me. I desire to embrace You and Your ways in a radical way. I don't care if society or culture consider me abnormal or freakish. The only concern I have is what you think of me. Make me Your own. Transform my life, my habits, my ways and make them life Your own. Make me an image that You can be proud of. Help me to defy the concept of modern Christianity and become real for Your Name's sake. Give me the wisdom to understand the intricacies of Your Word so that I can apply it to the way that I live my life for you. I shun hypocrisy - especially that of the private type. Character is made in the solitary intimacy shared with You alone. Lord, work on me. Change my character and my heart to make You smile. Make me better day by day.

No comments: