Wednesday, December 6, 2006

God's sovereignty need not be questioned by me. I should accept it without any hindrance. I do however wonder on ocassion how His sovereignty is so sovereign. Horrible things happen to amazing people and while that should be no newsflash it certainly is not easy to swallow. How can I wrap my mind around grace and true justice in a world where the wrong go unpunished and right become the tormented. God's grace is indescribably wonderful - for me. But what about the people living in abusive households? What about the millions of people born into disease, starvation, homelessness, war, and the like? What about the people who seldom, if ever, see the gracious angle of my Lord? How does one explain grace or accept it as a reality when considering such circumstances. I am blessed. For me to claim anything less is a slap in the face of the Almighty God. Thank You, Jesus, for making it possible for me to have such an amazing life. I have more possessions in my refrigorator than many people will have in a lifetime. Yet I am a complainer. I pray regularly for things to "get better" and for You to work miracles in particular situations. How dare I? You've done so much for me already. Your life given on the cross is enough for me to be eternally in debt to You. You, however, refuse to rub that in my face. You alone have the right to own me and force me to live the way You desire because You bought me. Instead you offer freedom. You are sovereign. I may never fully understand exactly what that entails. I pray for my friend - Doug - and seek wisdom on his behalf. He has proven to me to be a man after Your own heart. Perhaps I need to look at Your miracles. You saved his life from the stroke. You saved his life from the fire. Who knows what else you've done for him that we will never know. Instead of questioning why these terrible things can happen to such amazing people I will bow my head in reverance and thank You for the unseen. Thank You, Father, for being in control of details and events that are too great for me to fathom. Thank You, Father, for not letting a single detail of any person's life pass you bye without Your permission. Lord, Thank You. Life is good and I honored to be called Your son.

No comments: