Wednesday, January 9, 2008

God, I have started today miserably. Rather than waking up at a decent hour I slept in like a lazy man. I am lazy. And Father, I also confess that mornings are one of the most difficult times of my day especially for facing temptation. Today I am off to a less than honorable start for sure. So Father I commit the rest of my day, breath by breath, to You. Not to myself, the people around me, or their thoughts about me. Father I just pray that You would convict me of the choices I make and the attitude of my heart. My goal today is to honor You and actually spend time with You, not just spend time about You. Be with me today and rescue me from my sinful nature as only You can. It is for freedom's sake that I have been freed and freedom sounds so nice. Lord give me a heart of patience and compassion. Make me strong against temptation. Give me the desire to pursue You as I know You pursue me. Thank You for loving me so passionately and giving Your life for me. You are worthy of all my love and adoration. Thank You for your undying pursuit of making me like You - holy and loving. Thank You for showing me true love that I may show it to those around me. Lord, take control of all that I am.

No comments: